Facebook, the world's largest social network, is always evolving in order to remain relevant and interesting for its members. With over 2 billion daily active users, companies and organisations must keep up with the newest Facebook trends in order to maximize their social media marketing efforts. In this post, we will look at the top 10 Facebook trends for 2023 that you should be aware of in order to remain ahead of the curve.
Table of contents
- 1. Reels Take Centre Stage
- 2. Changes in Social Commerce
- 3. Meta Verified Expands Verification Access
- 4. AI Powers Content Creation and Discovery
- 5. AI Simplifies Ad Campaign Targeting
- 6. Growth Opportunities for Creators
- 7. Chatbots Revolutionize Front-Line Customer Service
- 8. Groups and Communities Gain Visibility
- 9. Facebook Stories Gain Traction
- 10. Facebook Live Emerges as a Promising Marketing Channel
Reels was first launched by Facebook on Instagram, but it has found success on the main site as well. Reel plays have increased by 200% over the last year, while reshares have increased by 200% during the past six months leading up to February 2023, putting Reels on Facebook on level with Instagram in terms of growth. Despite the fact that short-form Reels plays are now costing Facebook money, the company has made it plain that Reels remain a major emphasis for the platform.
Now, advertisers may use Reels by placing advertisements within content created by producers or by making their own interstitial Reels advertisements. Expect additional short-form video advertising options to arise as Facebook attempts to increase income from Reels.
- Consider including Reels in your Facebook strategy now.
- Spend a chunk of your advertising budget on creating your own paid reels and testing advertisements on Reels.
- Be on the lookout for announcements regarding new Reels advertising possibilities.
Facebook made the decision to discontinue live shopping in October in order to concentrate more on Reels. On Instagram, live streaming shopping lasted a little while longer, but effective March 16, neither Meta network supports online purchasing during live feeds.
Even if live shopping is no longer available, you may still conduct direct sales on the website by utilizing your Facebook Shop. By 2025, at the very least, Facebook is anticipated to be the dominant social commerce platform in the US.
- Verify that your Facebook store is configured to generate the most revenue.
- Analyze your Live Shopping sales data and use reels, advertising, or Facebook Live product demos to highlight popular products.
Meta Verified now allows any adult on Facebook or Instagram to obtain the coveted blue check badge for a monthly fee of 14.99. While currently only available to individuals in Australia, New Zealand, and the United States, Meta plans to open the programme to businesses in the long term.
- Encourage key figures within your business to subscribe to Meta Verified if they discuss business matters on their personal profiles.
- Look for the blue checkmark when researching potential creators to partner with
Generative AI, such as GPT-4, has brought AI content creation to the forefront of public imagination, and Facebook is paying attention. In 2023, Facebook users and marketers will refine their use of third-party AI content creation tools to create more sophisticated and business-forward content.
AI will not replace content creators but will make their work faster and easier, especially for A/B testing and writing short-form copy. Furthermore, AI will power more content discovery as Facebook increasingly shows more relevant content recommended by their AI systems.
- Experiment with AI-powered content creation tools to streamline your content production process.
- Keep up to date with advancements in AI and how they can improve your content strategy.
Facebook has leaned into AI targeting to compensate for the limitations brought about by privacy and transparency changes in iOS 14.5. With Advantage+ shopping campaigns, Facebook allows advertisers to target high-value customers using AI based on a few initial inputs. Advantage+ catalog ads use AI to offer the most relevant products from your catalog to potential buyers.
- Understand the different types of Facebook advertising available.
- Experiment with Advantage+ ad campaigns to compare results with your previous ad spend and ROI.
Though Instagram and TikTok are often the first platforms that come to mind for social media content creators, Facebook is making efforts to improve the creator experience on its platform. The introduction of professional mode for Facebook profiles enables creators to access monetization tools and opportunities, including Reels Play, Stars eligibility, in-stream ads, and subscriptions.
- Research potential creators to partner with using a social listening strategy.
- Reach out to potential creator partners and explore creative compensation packages.
Chatbots are increasingly popular tools for improving customer experience, with their usage expected to grow as AI continues to evolve. Conversational AI allows chatbots to engage in more sophisticated customer service chats, reducing the workload for human customer service agents.
- Learn about the benefits of AI chatbots and how they can integrate with Facebook, such as Heyday.
- Implement a Facebook customer service strategy using chatbots to enhance customer experience.
Facebook's AI recommendation engine now suggests Groups for users to join, increasing the platform's focus on building communities. For brands, this means it's more important than ever to create or participate in Groups to connect with their audience and foster brand loyalty.
- Stay updated on the latest resources for Facebook Groups and Group Admins.
- Join relevant groups in your niche and engage in helpful, non-salesy conversations.
- Consider creating a Facebook Group to connect with your most loyal fans.
Facebook Stories have seen tremendous success, and Mark Zuckerberg predicts that Stories will become the new newsfeed by 2023. As real-time updates, Stories will change how users share their everyday events on the platform.
- Leverage Facebook Stories to engage with your audience and showcase behind-the-scenes content.
- Experiment with ad placements within Stories to reach a wider audience.
Facebook Live is set to become an essential marketing channel for businesses in 2023. With its vast potential audience, real-time engagement, and cost-effective nature, Facebook Live offers numerous benefits for brands looking to connect with their target market.
- Utilise Facebook Live to host Q&A sessions, product launches, or exclusive events.
- Engage with your audience during live broadcasts by addressing comments and questions.
Staying informed about the latest Facebook trends in 2023 can give your brand a competitive edge in the ever-changing social media landscape. By adapting your social media marketing strategy to accommodate these trends, you can make the most of Facebook's potential and foster lasting connections with your audience. So, roll up your sleeves and get ready to embrace the future of Facebook in 2023.